INTELLECTUAL ENGAGEMENT AND ENERGY
Bulloch Academy’s carefully planned curriculum engages students and their teachers in an intellectual exploration that makes school exciting and creates a warm and welcoming environment for students who love to learn.
FACULTY WHO SUPPORT AND CHALLENGE
Bulloch Academy’s devoted faculty know, support and believe in each of their students while providing the gift of high expectations and of their own passion for what they teach.
THE FREEDOM TO FLOURISH
Bulloch Academy offers many opportunities for growth within a loving and caring environment; as a result, students find the freedom and focus to perform to the full extent of their abilities.
INDEPENDENCE AND INTEGRITY
A Bulloch Academy education provides each student with the competence and confidence to succeed in whatever pursuit he or she may choose, while promoting kindness and conscience.
THE SKILLS TO THINK AND TO EXPRESS IDEAS EXTRAORDINARILY WELL
At BA, students learn to think with agility and to speak and write with exceptional fluency, power and precision.
UNITY, TEAMWORK AND FRIENDSHIPS THAT LAST FOR LIFE
With all three divisions of the school located on one campus, Bulloch Academy offers a diverse community in which students learn vital skills of collaboration while forming friendships that will sustain them throughout their lives.
Bulloch Academy at a Glance…
The Area’s Premier Educational Institution
Dual Accreditation by the Southern Association of Colleges and School and the Southern Association of Independent Schools (SACS/SAIS); Accredited “with quality” by Georgia Accrediting Commission. All faculty members are fully certified or in the process of certification through the Georgia Professional Standards Commission.
College Preparatory Curriculum
- Class of 2013 -Average SAT score-1593 (Bulloch County School System average was 1417, state average was 1452, national average was 1498)
- Composite ACT score -24.1 (Bulloch County School System average was 18.4, state average was 20.7, national average was 20.9)
- Of the 44-student graduating glass of 2013, most were awarded funds to help pay for this post-secondary education. Some of the scholar-ships received by BA students were an appointment to the United States Military Academy (West Point), the National Merit Scholarship, the Zell Miller Scholarship, the HOPE Scholarship, and academic scholarships to Georgia Southern University, Mercer University and Auburn University. Other colleges and universities that graduating seniors are attending are the University of Georgia, Georgia Tech, Clemson University, Penn State University, University of Alabama, Georgia College and State University.
- Five Advanced Placement (AP) courses
- Senior-to-Sophomore Program in Pre-Calculus and Calculus
- The Bible taught in Upper School Literature classes
- Science Laboratories for Upper and Middle Schools
- SMART boards in all classrooms
- Three computer laboratories (Lower, Upper/Middle, Media Center)
- Advanced Learning Support for Students
- ACCEL program with GSU for juniors and seniors
- CAMPS (Computer, Art, Music, Physical Education, Spanish) for all lower-school classes
- AIM (Accelerating Inquisitive Minds) for all lower and middle-school classes
- Strings program (Violin) for elementary music program
- Strings program (Guitar) for high school music program
- Robotics Team in high school
- New primary and elementary-school playgrounds.
Low student-teacher ratio
- Current enrollment of 497 in Pre-K-12
- Small class size, which is more conducive to individualized instruction & attention
- Two classes per grade level
- Parapros in Pre-K, K & 1st grade
Exceptional athletic and co-curricular programs for girls & boys
- 32 varsity and middle school teams; nine parent-sponsored elementary athletic teams. Bulloch Academy competes in the highest level (Class AAA) of the Georgia Independent School Association (GISA).
- Multi-purpose building for wrestling, cheerleading and physical education classes
- Weight-room expansion; Tennis courts
- Archery for middle, elementary and high school
- Competitive Shooting (Skeet, Trap, Sporting Clays)
Varsity: In the past five years, BA has had seven state championships (girls’ basketball, competition cheerleading, wrestling, girls’ tennis, girls’ and boys’ track) seven state runners-up (wrestling, shooting sports, girls’ basketball, girls’ and boys’ track, girls’ cross country and competition cheerleading), eight ‘Final Four’ appearances, eight ‘Elite Eight’ appearances and won 15 region titles.
Middle School: In the past five years, BA has had the ‘undefeated and unofficial’ state champions in girls’ track, the East Georgia Middle School champions (girls’ and boys’basketball) and regional archery champions. Competing with local and area public school teams in many team sports.
- Students in lower, middle and upper school interact frequently, which fosters family atmosphere among all students and faculty members
- International Student Program to promote global diversity
- Partnership with Oe Dae Language School in Seoul, South Korea for English Language Infusion Program
- School-wide mentoring programs
- School-wide assemblies and pep rallies
- Parent volunteerism encouraged
- Annual class trips and numerous field trips
- Class musical programs
- Students have the opportunity to participate, achieve and excel in multiple sports and co-curricular activities.
Through the Georgia GOAL (Greater Opportunities for Access to Learn-ing) Scholarship program, we can offer partial scholarships to Georgia residents currently enrolled in a Georgia public school (K-9) who wish to attend Bulloch Academy.