Welcome back Gators! We are thrilled to serve our school again with in-person learning for the third year in a pandemic. We have learned so much about Covid-19 since 2020. Our commitment to you is to continue to provide the maximum amount of face-to-face learning in 2022-23 and limit disruptions when and where possible. Bulloch Academy will continue to follow the most current Georgia DPH and CDC guidelines and trace cases, much like we did at the end of last school year. Here is the current plan:
- Masks remain optional but may be required on a bus or in times of high transmission rates.
- COVID vaccinations are NOT REQUIRED at Bulloch Academy, but if you would like to pursue vaccinations, please contact Bulloch County Health Department at 855-473-4374 or your primary care provider (PCP). We always recommend that you speak with your PCP about whether or not vaccination is the right choice for you/your family members. This is a family choice.
- Georgia DPH has given our school more flexibility with quarantines:
o If one tests positive, he/she should isolate (whenever possible) at home for a period of 5 days. DPH now has a calculator on their website to help individuals to figure the 5 day period. Day zero is the first day that you have symptoms. After this 5-day period, if your symptoms have mostly resolved, are feeling better, AND remain fever free for 24 hours without fever-reducing medications, you may return to school. Masking is strongly recommended for the remainder of the 10-day period. If you cannot mask, it is SAFEST to remain home days 6-10.
o If you are exposed to a person who is positive and you are fully vaccinated, you are not required to quarantine if it has been at least 14 days since the completion of the COVID-19 vaccination (depending on the series of vaccinations given), you have received a booster, or you had a confirmed COVID-19 infection in the last 90 days (and a copy was sent to the school nurse).
o If you are exposed to a person who is positive and you are not fully vaccinated, you should ask:
- Did my child have COVID-19 within the last 90 days? Yes-return to school No-then…
- Is my child up to date with COVID-19 vaccines? Yes-return to school No: the child should quarantine
o Isolation/quarantine periods can last anywhere from 5-10 days. Please contact our nurse, Heather Dabbs, for guidance on when your child should return to school.
o Decisions about COVID-19-related class closures are at the discretion of the Headmaster. In our lower school, class closures are possible due to the frequent close contact with younger children. The number of positive cases and the frequency of positive cases drives this decision. We strive to keep a healthy, in-person education environment for all students. Please monitor your emails frequently for COVID-19-related information.
- Daily temperature checks and symptom screening are recommended to be done at home before coming to school in the morning.
- Virtual learning will only be available for COVID-19 quarantined or isolated students or for an extended illness/injury, as approved by an administrator. Please contact Heather Dabbs first to assess the medical need. Mrs. Dabbs will contact Mrs. Stroup [email protected] for virtual learning access. There is no virtual learning offered for vacations.
- Field trips-Bulloch Academy will observe all COVID-19-related rules set forth by the field site and any transport company used for travel.